GTViewer and GTVx have had Background Masks (BGMask) for sometime, but they are new to the GTV .NET Control. BGMasks are a cleaver way to highlight an area in the view without covering up anything on the map. They highlight from the bottom instead of the top, so the features in the map are drawn on top of the highlighted area instead of being covered up; similar to drawing a transparent area on top of your features but with the benefit of not washing out the features with.
The BGMask are better to show than to talk about, so here are some screenshots of a demo app. Demo source code is available upon request:
Sunday, October 23, 2011
The GTViewer .NET Control for Windows version 188.8.131.52 is Available.
09.00.00.21 - 10/22/11
- NEW - #6777 - Vertex Move mode for Line and Area redlines.
- NEW - #6779 - VertexSelectionTolerance property added.
- NEW - #6872 - Background Mask functionality added: BGMaskAddArea, BGMaskAddFeature, BGMaskClear, BGMaskDelete, BGMaskSetProperty, BGMaskGetProperty, BGMaskMoveToFront, BGMaskMoveToBack, BGMaskGetRange, BGMaskGetList, BGMaskClearHighlight, BGMaskSetHighlight, BGMaskGetPointList.
- NEW - #6873 - Support for Fill Styles.
- NEW - #6874 - The Point_with_Zoom and Point_with_Confirmation_And_Zoom captures mode will now support the CaptureModeMouseMoveEvent.
- NEW - #6875 - Mode 8 added to GetFeatureGeometry method to. Same as mode 1 (all points), except that it only returns the primary shape for Shape with Holes elements and the first sub-element in a group.
- NEW - #6876 - Data Methods added: DataGetDataId, DataGetTableId, DataGetTableAttrPos, DataInitializeFetch, DataInitializeFetchAll, DataFetchRecord.