Friday, December 23, 2022
Monday, December 05, 2022
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
GTViewer Data Server version 184.108.40.206 (Release Candidate) is available for testing.
06.00.00.10 - 11/22/22
- NEW - #8361 - If Logging Level is set to 10+, a verbose logfile is created just for Web App Data operations.
- FIX - #8362 - Registration Prompt Text was sometimes garbled depending on the encryption key.
- FIX - #8363 - GTViewer Data Client - Changes to account for Registration Prompt changes in GTVDS.
- NEW - #8364 - A verbose logfile can now be created for User Manager.
06.00.00.08 - 11/09/22
- CHG - #8357 - GTShareViewer - The Create/Reset tab has been removed. It was not working as users expected.
- FIX - #8358 - The ResetServer.aspx was requiring a validation of Admin group, but the Custom User Manager implementation wasn't validating it correctly.
- FIX - #8359 - The users.ini file was still being loaded with Custom User Manager mode.
- NEW - #8360 - GTVDS_Reset - Additional information added to login error messages.
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Friday, November 04, 2022
Wednesday, November 02, 2022
GTViewer Data Server version 220.127.116.11 (beta) is Available for testing. This version is potentially the Release Candidate.
06.00.00.05 - 11/02/22
Friday, September 23, 2022
GTViewer Data Server version 18.104.22.168 (beta) is Available for testing.
What's New in the 2nd Beta:
- Support for User Registration where the server can collect information from a user (like name, email, phone) and associate it with the license (or Device Id). It is optional and the information it collects is configurable.
- Upgrades to the Activity Log which include the Device Id and an additional description field.
- Updates to GTViewer Data Client to support User Registration as well as some interface improvements.
- A new file transfer method for downloading project files to make fewer requests and provide a slight performance improvement.
- Support for Custom User Managers. A custom assembly can now be included with the product to perform user authentication however you want. There are some limits here, but it opens up a new way to implement your own authentication process.
Monday, August 22, 2022
- 3 Ways to get Attribute Info on a Feature.
- Using the Picklist when multiple Features are at a Point.
- The 7 different Tab Types in the Attribute Info Dialog.
- Copying to the Clipboard and Printing in the Attribute Info Dialog.
- The Element Tab in the Attribute Info Dialog.
- Secrets of the Attribute Info Dialog (Select Anything, Edit Style, Copy to Redline).
Monday, August 15, 2022
One of my biggest issues with GTViewer Data Server is getting people to upgrade to a new version. So with the new Version 6, I've made an extra effort to simplify this process.
First, the documentation has been updated. The sections on installing for the first time and upgrading from an older version have been completely rewritten.
Second, I made 3 videos to walk you through the process. I don't claim to be a world-class video maker, so if you prefer to get the information from the documentation, that is perfectly fine and both the videos and documentation provide the same information.
There are 3 videos:
- Installing GTViewer Data Server for the First Time (28 minutes)
- Upgrading GTViewer Data Server Version 5 to Version 6 (19 minutes)
- Upgrading GTViewer Data Server Version 4 to Version 6 (19 minutes)
GTViewer Data Server version 22.214.171.124 (beta) is Available for testing.
- All Tools have been updated to work better on smaller (or low-res) screens and to be more user-friendly.
- New Tools have been added: GTVDS_ReturnLicense, GTVDS_UsageFileViewer, GTDta2Csv, GTVDS_Poster.
- GTVDS_Reset has new functionality to download logfiles and usage files. It can also view the usage information.
- Documentation has been updated and is now delivered as .PDF files. The main doc (GTViewerDataServer.pdf) has been substantially rewritten to make the setup and upgrades easier.
- Three videos are available to walk you through Setting up GTViewer Data Server from scratch, upgrading from version 4 to 6, and upgrading version 5 to 6.
- License Tracking has been updated. More methods are now available to see how your licenses are being used and new ways to return licenses to the pool.
- Support added for posting documents (not just images) from Data Collection apps.
- Better logging information and various fixes.
- FIX - #8268 Minor optimiation to the Date() filter function.
- NEW - #8286 Project List Group support added.
- NEW - #8292 PostImage.aspx will now provide a client error message specifically for when the WebAppImages does not exist.
- NEW - #8296 - GTVDS_Reset 6001 - Features added to download the current Logfile and Usage Files.
- NEW - #8297 - GTVDS_Reset 6001 - Save Password option added.
- NEW - #8298 - GTVDS_Reset 6001 - History has been added to the Server URL so you can pick from the last 20 used.
- FIX - #8299 - The .CSV Activity file could have records truncated if the server was stopped or crashed. Now, all records are flushed when written.
- NEW - #8301 - Usage Audit File added to log all users Added, Returned, Purged for Inactivity.
- NEW - #8302 - User License management is now enforced instead of just tracking.
- NEW - #8303 - License return is now supported.
- NEW - #8307 New Tools: GTVDS_Poster, GTVDS_ReturnUser, GTVDS_UsageFileViewer
- NEW - #8306 - GTViewer Data Client 6001 - ServerURL and Data Directory now save history.
- FIX - #8313 - Fix to the formatting of the Line Count in logfiles.
- CHG - #8314 - Registration Keys are now product version specific.
- CHG - 8315 - Regular Security Mode is no longer supported. The default is now Enhanced mode.
- NEW - #8316 - All Tool Apps now provide a valid User Agent for Login requests.
- FIX - #8318 - Form Layout adjusted for GTManifest, GTVDS_Reset, GTViewerDataClient to better support lower resolution screens.
Monday, April 18, 2022
Several Minor Upgrades to GTWeb:
- The Version 12 Browser Client had a few UI tweaks to make it look better and to make the information more readable
- The Version 11 Browser Client has been modified to work with a Version 12 server (minus the new Version 12 functionality). If a user prefers the look of the previous Browser Client, you can now use gtweb11.htm instead of gtweb.htm. Both Browser Client can be run at the same time.
- The Logging and Exception Handling for SMTP mail (sent when a Note is added or edited) has been upgraded.
12.00.00.16 - 04/15/22
- NEW - #8280 - Browser Client - Updated Logos/Colors.
- FIX - #8281 - Browser Client - Some of the text in the Attribute Info and Query Results was too thin making it difficult to read. The weight has been increased.
- CHG - #8282 - Browser Client - A black border has been added to Attribute Info so it looks better on top of the Map and when the browser window is narrow enough to overlap the left-hand side of the display.
- FIX - #8283 - Better exception handling and logging for Email tasks (new Notes).
- FIX - #8284 - Updates to SMTPClient email calls to use current methods.
- NEW - #8285 - The Version 11 Browser Client has been modified to work with the Version 12 Server and is now delivered as gtweb11.htm. It does not support any of the new features of the Version 12 Client, but it will work with a Version 12 server.
Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Both the GTShareViewer and GTVDSAdmin tools have updates to fix an issue with importing .CSV files. If you import .CSV files with either one, you should get these updates.
GTShareViewer was only able to delete Redline Data records and not Data Collection records (broken with the Session Graphics Data Collection was added). This issue was also fixed.
These updates will be delivered with the next GTViewer Data Server, but you can contact support to get them now.
05.00.00.17 - 03/9/22
- FIX - #8274 - The Import CSV was not working if the fields didn't match the column count in the .csv or the ending value was a blank. This problem is similar to #8272.
05.00.00.16 - 03/4/22
- FIX - #8273 - The Delete Record was not working for both Redlines and Data Collection records.
Friday, February 18, 2022
After 14 years with our current logo, GTI is upgrading to a new one.
Why change after so long? Well, this is our 4th logo to date, and we wanted to represent the changes we’ve made in the company and our products. The new logo is also more versatile and designed for the myriad of different platforms we need to support.
Fourteen years ago, there were no iOS or Android apps and Windows Mobile was our niche. Today, GTViewer for Windows remains our flagship product, and the iOS and Android versions are steadily growing both in licenses and functionality.
The GTWeb clients for iOS and Android (our first apps for these platforms) are now over 10 years old.
Next year, GTViewer for iOS and Android will be 10 years old.
GTViewer for Windows is now 22 years old and version 20 should be out later this year with a heap of major upgrades.
It will take some time to get everything updated with the new logo, but here’s a preview of what it looks like:
Orcl_Loader version 126.96.36.199
Several updates to the Oracle Loader. Most of them to get it up to date with newer versions of Oracle and a few minor fixes.